Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 3 lbs small red potatoes, halved widthwise
- 1 medium onion, quartered ad sliced into 1/2-inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 3 dashes fresh black pepper
- 4 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- preheat oven to 450°F.
- divide the potatoes and onions between two rimmed baking pans or a large rimmed baking sheet, sprinkle with oil and then salt and pepper, and toss to coat (i find it's easier to use your hands for this).
- roast for 35 minute remove from oven, sprinkle with herbs, toss to coat (use a spatula now, they're hot.) return to the oven and roast until brown ad tender, about 20 minutes longer.
This recipe is perfect for weeknights! We had them last night with pot roast and green beans! These are so easy and they are prefect for after work, or as a side for a fancier meal! I did microwave them for about 5 minutes and then just put them in the oven for about 20 minutes! Just to speed up the process! Yum! Thanks for posting! [Made for I recommend tag]
This recipe is super easy and it is very tasty. I omitted the pepper and I used dried rosemary, freeze dried thyme and I added freeze dried chives. Thanks for posting! Made for the Spring 2009 PAC.