1/8 Photos of Herb-Roasted Lamb Chops
Dr. Jenny's Note:
DH and I made this recipe from the February 2009 edition of Bon Appetit a few nights ago and really enjoyed it. We usually prepare our lamb chops on the grill, but I thought that this recipe would lend itself well when grilling is just not practical. I am posting the recipe as printed in Bon Appetit, however, DH suggested that next time I chop the rosemary and thyme leaves, rather than lightly crush them with my mortar and pestel. Prep time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix first 4 ingredients and 1 Tb olive oil in a large bowl. Add lamb; turn to coat.
- 2Let marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 4Heat remaining 1 Tb olive oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add lamb; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- 5Transfer skillet to oven and roast lamb chops to desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium-rare.
- 6Transfer lamb to platter, cover, and let rest 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb-Roasted Lamb Chops
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.9
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 105.4 mg
- Sodium 1243.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 23.5 g