Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I found this in Victoria Magazine a few years ago. We make it for guests at Christmas. Everyone loves it!!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1⁄2 lbs filet of beef or 4 1⁄2 lbs beef eye round
- 2 teaspoons sea salt or 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, herbs, garlic and pepper.
- Rub filet with mixture, wrap in plastic and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 250*.
- Arrange roast in roaster pan.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast until internal temperature is 130*-145*.
- Remove from oven, and allow to sit 15 minutes.
- Slice, and serve with Horseradish sauce.
Made this for my DH and myself, so I cut the recipe in half, however we still had plenty left over for reheats. The marinade for this was excellent - love thyme and rosemary. Used eye of round instead of filet, I think the filet would have been more tender however since this was slow cooked it was tender enough for our tastes. Served with recipe #247955 per recommendation, prepared for spring, 2013 PAC.