Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From the Atkins website. This turned out really nice and moist. Really easy, too. :)
- 1 chicken, washed and patted dry (about 3 pounds)
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh herbs (i.e. thyme, parsley, sage, etc.) or 4.92 ml dried herbs (I used all three)
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 29.58 ml butter
- 177.44 ml chicken broth or 177.44 ml chicken stock
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and herb, inside and out.
- Loosen skin from breast with an index finger and stuff 2 slices of lemon and 1 T butter onto each side of the breast.
- Place remaining lemon inside the cavity.
- Transfer to a roasting pan.
- Roast 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes; basting occasionally with the chicken broth.
- An instant meat thermometer should read 170F in the thickest part of the thigh (not touching bone).
- Transfer to a cutting board and wait 10 minutes before carving to allow juices to redistribute.
This chicken is absolutely amazing. I am always looking for different roasted chicken recipes that are flavorable yet low on carbs and this fits the bill. The aroma of the herbs and lemon while roasting filled the house and the finished product was juicy and tender. Great recipe
A moist delicious chicken! A simple recipe to make. I substituted 1 teaspoon of Schilling salt free All-Purpose Seasoning for the herbs.