Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
From the Atkins website. This turned out really nice and moist. Really easy, too. :)
Make and share this Herb Roasted Chicken With Lemon recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and herb, inside and out.
- Loosen skin from breast with an index finger and stuff 2 slices of lemon and 1 T butter onto each side of the breast.
- Place remaining lemon inside the cavity.
- Transfer to a roasting pan.
- Roast 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes; basting occasionally with the chicken broth.
- An instant meat thermometer should read 170F in the thickest part of the thigh (not touching bone).
- Transfer to a cutting board and wait 10 minutes before carving to allow juices to redistribute.