Recipe by GinnyP
From the Atkins website. This turned out really nice and moist. Really easy, too. :)
Top Review by Just Cher
This chicken is absolutely amazing. I am always looking for different roasted chicken recipes that are flavorable yet low on carbs and this fits the bill. The aroma of the herbs and lemon while roasting filled the house and the finished product was juicy and tender. Great recipe
- 1 chicken, washed and patted dry (about 3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs (i.e. thyme, parsley, sage, etc.) or 1 teaspoon dried herbs (I used all three)
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth or 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and herb, inside and out.
- Loosen skin from breast with an index finger and stuff 2 slices of lemon and 1 T butter onto each side of the breast.
- Place remaining lemon inside the cavity.
- Transfer to a roasting pan.
- Roast 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes; basting occasionally with the chicken broth.
- An instant meat thermometer should read 170F in the thickest part of the thigh (not touching bone).
- Transfer to a cutting board and wait 10 minutes before carving to allow juices to redistribute.