1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
From the Atkins website. This turned out really nice and moist. Really easy, too. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken, washed and patted dry (about 3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs (i.e. thyme, parsley, sage, etc.) or 1 teaspoon dried herbs (I used all three)
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and herb, inside and out.
- 3Loosen skin from breast with an index finger and stuff 2 slices of lemon and 1 T butter onto each side of the breast.
- 4Place remaining lemon inside the cavity.
- 5Transfer to a roasting pan.
- 6Roast 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes; basting occasionally with the chicken broth.
- 7An instant meat thermometer should read 170F in the thickest part of the thigh (not touching bone).
- 8Transfer to a cutting board and wait 10 minutes before carving to allow juices to redistribute.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Roasted Chicken With Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.3
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 187.7 mg
- Sodium 781.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 44.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: