- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs cut-up broiler-fryer chickens
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (chicken broth ok)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 heads garlic
- extra sprigs herbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place checken in an ungreased rectangular baking dish or casserole (lasagna-type pan).
- Mix wine, chopped herbs and salt and pour over chicken.
- Cut top 1/2-inch off the tops of garlic heads and place cut side up in between the chicken pieces in the pan.
- Tuck extra sprigs of thyme, rosemary and sage in and among the chicken if you desire too (optional).
- Cover with lid or aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, then uncover, turn chicken pieces, and bake for 20-30 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through.
- To serve, gently squeeze roasted garlic out onto roasted chicken pieces; serve with extra herbs and pan juices, if you desire.