2 hrs 25 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Alan Leonetti's Note:
This is a very good tasting dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken
- 6 leaves fresh sage
- 1/2 bunch fresh oregano
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE BURNT ORANGE SAUCE
- 3 cups orange juice
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups broth
- 1/2 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
FOR THE GREEN ONION POTATO PUREE
- 1Place herbs under the skin of the breast of the chicken.
- 2Rub the chicken with olive oil& marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 4Remove the chicken from the refrigerator& season with salt& pepper to taste.
- 5Place the chicken onto a rack& roast for 15 minutes.
- 6Reduce heat to 350 degrees& continue roasting another 35 to 40 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven& allow to rest.
- 8Place orange juice in a medium saucepan& cook over high heat until reduced to a thick caramelized syrup.
- 9Place chicken stock in another medium saucepan& cook until reduced by 3/4.
- 10Add the stock to the orange juice& cook for 5 minutes.
- 11Whisk in the butter& pepper.
- 12Season with salt to taste.
- 13Place all ingredients for the GREEN ONION POTATO PUREE, except for the mashed potatoes, in a food processor& process until smooth.
- 14Fold the puree into the mashed potatoes& adjust the salt& pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for HERB ROASTED CHICKEN with Burnt Orange-Black Pepper Sauce &
Serving Size: 1 (1021 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1229.1
- Calories from Fat 561
- Total Fat 62.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 190.8 mg
- Sodium 725.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 29.2 g
- Protein 62.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: