Recipe by deanna c
I don't remember where this recipe came from. I've been making it for at least 20 years. I make it when I want to impress someone. Everyone thinks it's delicious, and it's so easy.
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 lbs small red potatoes
- baby carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 large sweet onions, cut in chunks
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove giblets, rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Combine all herbs and spices in a small bowl, blend.
- Spread half of herb mixture in cavity of chicken.
- Spread the remaining mixture over outside of chicken.
- Quarter or halve red potatoes, cut celery in large chunks and combine potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion chunks.
- Arrange vegetables around chicken in a roasting pan.
- Pour wine into bottom of roaster.
- Roast covered at 350 degrees 1 1/2 hours basting occasionally and adding more wine if necessary to make"sauce".
- Uncover last 15-20 minutes to brown skin.
- This makes a wonderful sauce to spoon over the carved meat and veggies.
- Any leftover"sauce" when defatted and used with leftover chicken makes a wonderful base for chicken soup.