Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this delicious recipe in a basic cookbook and have really made great use of it! It is super easy on a busy night or when having company over. If you’re using more than one pack of chicken, just increase the amount of oil and herbs used. Everything else remains the same.
- Leave skin on chicken and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Set oven to 450 degrees. Once hot, spread tablespoon of oil or butter in pan and place in oven for 1 minute.
- Add chicken skin side up. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil and a 1/2 cup of green herbs.
- Remove pan from oven and spoon 1/3 of herb mixture on top of chicken. Flip chicken over (skin side down) and coat with another 1/3 of herb mixture. Place back in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan once more and flip chicken back to skin side up. Add the remaining herb mixture and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Oh WOW!!! I made this today. It is amazing! for the herbs, I used Nash Brothers chicken seasoning in a grinder, rosemary, thyme, and parsley. The chicken turned out so moist. Even my daughter who isn't a big fan of chicken said it was wonderful. I will definitely be making this chicken again. Made and reviewed for Spring PAC 2012.