Recipe by HappyWife313
Found this delicious recipe in a basic cookbook and have really made great use of it! It is super easy on a busy night or when having company over. If you’re using more than one pack of chicken, just increase the amount of oil and herbs used. Everything else remains the same.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
Oh WOW!!! I made this today. It is amazing! for the herbs, I used Nash Brothers chicken seasoning in a grinder, rosemary, thyme, and parsley. The chicken turned out so moist. Even my daughter who isn't a big fan of chicken said it was wonderful. I will definitely be making this chicken again. Made and reviewed for Spring PAC 2012.
- 4 -6 chicken thighs or 4 -6 chicken drumsticks
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dried herbs (I usually use parsley, basil and dill)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Leave skin on chicken and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Set oven to 450 degrees. Once hot, spread tablespoon of oil or butter in pan and place in oven for 1 minute.
- Add chicken skin side up. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil and a 1/2 cup of green herbs.
- Remove pan from oven and spoon 1/3 of herb mixture on top of chicken. Flip chicken over (skin side down) and coat with another 1/3 of herb mixture. Place back in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan once more and flip chicken back to skin side up. Add the remaining herb mixture and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.