Recipe by Chef Jeff Z
weight watchers (1 point)
Top Review by Andrea in NH
These are so good and can be used on so many different things. I used each pepper with some of the seasoning on them. First I used one on a turkey sandwich (with no mayo) and the flavor complemented each other. Then I used several with an olive mix and everyone just loved them. They are healthy and tasty and I can see that I'll use them in many dishes. Great way to cut down on oil//mayo.
- 2 sweet red peppers, cut and seed
- 2 yellow sweet peppers, cut and seed
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Place peppers cut side down on a nonstick baking sheet. Broil until blackened, about ten minutes. Place peppers in a zip-lock plastic bag for 15 minutes. Remove and peel off skin with hands. Slice into strips.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees. Place garlic on a nonstick sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes. Squeeze garlic out of peels.
- Place garlic, herbs, oil, vinegar, water, salt and pepper in a blender. Puree.
- Add pureed mixture to pepper; toss to coat.
- Serve hot or cold.