Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe from Ricardo.
- 8 whole beets, peeled
- 16 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.Bake for about 1 hour or until tender.
We really enjoyed this recipe. Tasty combination of herbs and instead of vinegar it was a nice change to use red wine. I actually used port wine and it turned out great. Thanks for sharing this recipe.