Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This is from Grandma's Kitchen.
Make and share this Herb Roast Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (4 lb) roasting chickens
- 1 (12 ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 ounces prosciutto or 2 ounces baked ham, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350*. Place roasting rack in large roasting pan. Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. In large bowl, toss stuffing with 1 cup water. In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, spinach, prosciutto, garlic, sage and rosemary to skillet; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add spinach mixture to stuffing. Stir in heavy cream and lemon juice; mix well. Spoon stuffing loosely into chicken cavity, filling about 3/4 full. Fold skin over openings and close with metal skewers. Tuck wings under chicken. Place on roasting rack. Roast chicken until an instant-read thermometer, inserted in the thigh, not touching bone registers 180* and chicken is golden, about 1 hour 45 minutes.