Recipe by Troop Angel
This was the very first roast I ever made, and it was so easy and delicious. My DH and I spent our last $25.00 of that week's money buying the ingredients and it was sure worth it!!
- 1 (2 1/4 lb) boneless beef rib roast or 1 (2 1/4 lb) beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon sprig
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- kitchen twine
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 425* F.
- Rub pepper evenly over beef, pressing gently so pepper adheres.
- Place fresh herbs in a large measuring cup and chop using kitchen shears.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, combine fresh and dried herbs.
- Roll beef in herb mixture to completely coat.
- Loosely tie beef at 2-inch intervals with kitchen twine.
- Place beef on roasting rack.
- Roast until instant-read meat thermometer registers 155* F; for medium, about 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Carve into slices.
- Meat guide: Rare: 130* F, Medium: 155* F, Well-done: 170* F.
- I ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to check the doneness of the beef!