Recipe by lucid501
From Taste of Home's Light and Tasty. I haven't tried it yet but it looks so good that I wanted to save it for safekeeping. Cook time does not include cooling time.
Top Review by Susie D
Thank you for sharing this easy & delicious recipe. I know I will be making this one again. I like caraway seeds & always have plenty on hand. This bread gives me a new use for them. The caraway flavor shines & the nutmeg adds a delightful note too. It was very easy to make, and has a light, fluffy, biscuit like texture. Thank you for including a pan size. I made this for I Recommend Tag.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.