Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Taste of Home's Light and Tasty. I haven't tried it yet but it looks so good that I wanted to save it for safekeeping. Cook time does not include cooling time.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Thank you for sharing this easy & delicious recipe. I know I will be making this one again. I like caraway seeds & always have plenty on hand. This bread gives me a new use for them. The caraway flavor shines & the nutmeg adds a delightful note too. It was very easy to make, and has a light, fluffy, biscuit like texture. Thank you for including a pan size. I made this for I Recommend Tag.
Extremely good and extremely easy! Mix it up and bake it! What a pleasure! I used brown sugar, because I prefer it, but otherwise, as directed. Gave me a lovely fluffy loaf, full of flavour. Oh, I sprinkled brown onion powder along the top, and poured melted butter over it.. a tip from a friend years ago, that gives a lovely savoury top crust! Thanks, Lucid!
This is delicious! "This time" I used it as the biscuit portion of Mom's Ham 'n Biscuit Casserole. I was a bit concerned that it was going at be bit to sweet so I used 1Tbsp of Splenda in the 1/2 recipe that I made and it was great. This recipe rises tall and fluffy and will be loved by everyone at your table. As well as the Splenda for the sugar I used skim milk and just the egg white. I must say that I didn't have the caraway seed so I had to skip them. Thanks Lucid! :D