Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
China Bayle's series
- 3 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- 1⁄2 cup spinach (cooked, chopped & drained)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom (sauteed)
- 3 tablespoons chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Spread the grated cheese eenly in the bottom of pie shell. Mix spinach, mushrooms and herbs and spoon evenly over the cheese.
- Pour the milk egg mixture over all. Dot with the butter.
- Place he pie plate on a cookie sheet and bake until set about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove when the outside is set and the middle jiggles when shaken .
- Let sand 10-15 minutes before you slice it.
- Set each slice on a bed of fresh greens and add chive blossoms if possible.
This recipe actually made two pies instead of one. For the first pie I followed the recipe and it turned out really soupy and undercooked. For the second pie (the other half of the ingredients) I added another egg and baked it for at least twice as long. It turned out pretty great when I did that though. With some minor mods this can be a good dish.