Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These make an awesome presentation. Imagine crisp translucent chips with fresh herbs encased in them. They taste as good as they look! Found this in an Idaho potato calendar.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup clarified butter
- 2 large baking potatoes (or 4 - 5 smaller)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh herb (, or whole herb leaves, tarragon, cilantro, basil, rosemary, or chives work best)
- coarse salt
- Heat oven to 325 F degrees.
- Brush baking sheet with clarified butter or oil.
- Peel potatoes and cut into thin, translucent slices using mandoline.
- Arrange half the slices on the pan in a single layer.
- Place several herb leaves or 1/2 tsp chopped herbs on each slice.
- Cover each slice with another potato slice and press to seal.
- Brush lightly with butter or oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake about 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are crisp and light brown.
My husband and I are on a rotation calorie diet and we are watching our carbs. I used this with a recipe called mahogany pork chops and a side of fresh green beans. The meal was wonderful. Low in calories...low in carbohydrates and very filling. These wafers were delicious and really solved our craving for potatoes with the meal.