Recipe by keen5
I got this recipe from My Cookbook.net. I love recipes like this and hope you enjoy it too! Prep and cook times are approximate.
Tomato and Onion Salsa
- 2 -3 large tomatoes, skinned,seeded and finely chopped (preferably vine ripened)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt (Kosher)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces potatoes, washed but not peeled
- 6 large eggs
- 6 1⁄2 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 3⁄4 ounces finely grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley (continental)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch watercress, well washed,for serving (4 oz/125 g)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the Salsa ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir thoroughly and set aside for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Cook the Potatoes whole in boiling salted water until just tender.
- Cut into thin slices when cool enough to handle.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the ricotta and Parmesan until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the Parsley and basil.
- Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Oil a large frying pan, preferably a nonstick one.
- Spread half of the egg mixture over the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange the potato slices on top and spread with the remaining egg mixture.
- Cook over low to medium heat until the mixture is set, 10-15 minutes.
- Lightly brown the top of the frittata under broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- Slide the frittata on to a board or cutting surface.
- Let cool slightly.
- Arrange the Watercress over a serving platter.
- Cut the frittata into thin wedges and arrange over the watercress.
- Spoon on the Tomato and Onion Salsa and serve warm or at room temperature.