1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe from My Cookbook.net. I love recipes like this and hope you enjoy it too! Prep and cook times are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Tomato and Onion Salsa
- 2 -3 large tomatoes, skinned,seeded and finely chopped (preferably vine ripened)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (Kosher)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces potatoes, washed but not peeled
- 6 large eggs
- 6 1/2 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 3/4 ounces finely grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley (continental)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch watercress, well washed,for serving (4 oz/125 g)
- 1Combine all the Salsa ingredients in a bowl.
- 2Stir thoroughly and set aside for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- 3Cook the Potatoes whole in boiling salted water until just tender.
- 4Cut into thin slices when cool enough to handle.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the ricotta and Parmesan until the mixture is smooth.
- 6Stir in the Parsley and basil.
- 7Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 8Preheat the broiler.
- 9Oil a large frying pan, preferably a nonstick one.
- 10Spread half of the egg mixture over the bottom of the pan.
- 11Arrange the potato slices on top and spread with the remaining egg mixture.
- 12Cook over low to medium heat until the mixture is set, 10-15 minutes.
- 13Lightly brown the top of the frittata under broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- 14Slide the frittata on to a board or cutting surface.
- 15Let cool slightly.
- 16Arrange the Watercress over a serving platter.
- 17Cut the frittata into thin wedges and arrange over the watercress.
- 18Spoon on the Tomato and Onion Salsa and serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb & Potato Frittata Salad With Tomato & Onion Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.0
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 314.4 mg
- Sodium 643.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 22.4 g