Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From The Madison County Cookbook.
Make and share this Herb Popovers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk, room temp
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a medium bowl combine milk, flour, salt, and cayenne.
- Beat with mixer until blended - Don't overbeat.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in parsley and thyme.
- Grease 6 popover cups and fill 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minute.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 15-20 minute longer, until popovers are golden brown.
- Serve immediately, for they fall quickly.