1/1 Photo of Herb Pepper-Encrusted Beef Fillet
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This is a delicious treat! I would enjoy this with a baked potato, salad, and some bread. Give it a try, I know you will love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 filet of beef, trimmed (3 pounds)
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 22.18 ml dried rosemary
- 29.58 ml whole black peppercorns
- 4.92 ml salt
Herbed Mustard Sauce
- 1Chill evaporated milk in freezer for 10 minutes.
- 2Combine tarragon vinegar and Dijon mustard in a blender.
- 3Pour in chilled milk.
- 4With blender on, add oil in a slow, steady stream until well blended.
- 5Add tarragon, shallot, salt and pepper.
- 6Blend to combine.
- 7Preheat oven to 450*F (230*C).
- 8Pat fillet dry with paper toweling.
- 9Place thyme, rosemary, peppercorns and salt in a small food processor or blender.
- 10Whirl to crush.
- 11Place mixture on waxed paper.
- 12Roll fillet in mixture until entirely coated.
- 13Place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 14Sprinkle remaining herb mixture over top of fillet.
- 15Roast fillet in heated 450*F (230*C) oven 40 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers an internal temperature of 145*F (60*C).
- 16for medium-rare.
- 17Remove from oven.
- 18Let rest 10-15 minutes before carving.
- 19If serving cold, cool to room temperature and then refrigerate.
- 20Serve with Herbed Mustard Sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Pepper-Encrusted Beef Fillet
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.7
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 445.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef
stone ground dijon mustard