1/2 Photos of Herb Peel-Away Bread
2 hrs 25 mins
Dixie Vader's Note:
This is a delicious buttery yeast bread. It is relatively simple to make and is our familys' favorite. Feel free to substitue herbs, I usually do. The time is approximate.
My Private Note
small s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (1 Tbsp. dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (1 tsp. dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (1 tsp. dried)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill (1/2 tsp. dried)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary (1/2 tsp. dried)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- additional 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1Dissolve yeast in the warm water.
- 2Mix together (using a spoon) the yeast mixture, egg, sugar, salt, Parmesan cheese, herbs, the 1/4 cup butter, and half of the flour (1 3/4 cup).
- 3Mix in the remaining flour and knead for 5 minutes. I always need to add quite a bit more flour to make it 'kneadable'; up to 1 cup depending on the flour brand. It has never harmed the finished product. Let rise until double, about 60-90 minutes.
- 4Lightly flour a cutting board or counter top. Punch down dough, then put in on the floured surface. Roll it into a 12-inch square. Brush with the additional 2 tablespoons melted butter. Cut into approximately 25 squares.
- 5Overlap the squares, butter side down, in a greased bundt pan. Let rise until double, approx 30-45 minutes.
- 6Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes. Watch to keep the top from burning.
- 7Remove from oven and dump the bread onto a plate. Flip to another plate to turn it right side up. The squares that you made should seperate easily into perfect sized pieces.
- 8It's best served warm with butter.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Peel-Away Bread
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.4
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.6 mg
- Sodium 116.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g