Recipe by kstrating
Basic pasta recipe. Jazz this up with herbs of your choice or experiment with different flours. Having fond memories of my mom making fresh pasta, I was yearning for the pasta attachment for my KitchenAid mixer. Guess I hinted enough, because my punks got it for me for Mother's Day!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried (2 t fresh, minced)
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried (2 t fresh, minced)
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried (2 t fresh, minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour & salt (may be omitted) in mixer & turn on.
- Add remainder of ingredients while mixing.
- Drizzle water in until dough forms a ball & holds together.
- Add teaspoons of flour, 1 at a time, if dough seems sticky.
- or - add teaspoons of water, 1 at a time, if dough seems dry.
- Knead until dough is elastic, smooth, & satiny.
- IMPORTANT: Let rest 30 minutes!
- Divide into 4 portions & roll out or extrude with pasta machine.
- Cook in boiling water 3 minutes (DO NOT OVERCOOK)!
- or - dust lightly with flour, place in freezer bags & freeze (keeps up to 3 months).
- NOTE: Cooking time is resting time.