Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Basic pasta recipe. Jazz this up with herbs of your choice or experiment with different flours. Having fond memories of my mom making fresh pasta, I was yearning for the pasta attachment for my KitchenAid mixer. Guess I hinted enough, because my punks got it for me for Mother's Day!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried (2 t fresh, minced)
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried (2 t fresh, minced)
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried (2 t fresh, minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place flour & salt (may be omitted) in mixer & turn on.
- Add remainder of ingredients while mixing.
- Drizzle water in until dough forms a ball & holds together.
- Add teaspoons of flour, 1 at a time, if dough seems sticky.
- or - add teaspoons of water, 1 at a time, if dough seems dry.
- Knead until dough is elastic, smooth, & satiny.
- IMPORTANT: Let rest 30 minutes!
- Divide into 4 portions & roll out or extrude with pasta machine.
- Cook in boiling water 3 minutes (DO NOT OVERCOOK)!
- or - dust lightly with flour, place in freezer bags & freeze (keeps up to 3 months).
- NOTE: Cooking time is resting time.