Basic pasta recipe. Jazz this up with herbs of your choice or experiment with different flours. Having fond memories of my mom making fresh pasta, I was yearning for the pasta attachment for my KitchenAid mixer. Guess I hinted enough, because my punks got it for me for Mother's Day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place flour & salt (may be omitted) in mixer & turn on.
- 2Add remainder of ingredients while mixing.
- 3Drizzle water in until dough forms a ball & holds together.
- 4Add teaspoons of flour, 1 at a time, if dough seems sticky.
- 5or - add teaspoons of water, 1 at a time, if dough seems dry.
- 6Knead until dough is elastic, smooth, & satiny.
- 7IMPORTANT: Let rest 30 minutes!
- 8Divide into 4 portions & roll out or extrude with pasta machine.
- 9Cook in boiling water 3 minutes (DO NOT OVERCOOK)!
- 10or - dust lightly with flour, place in freezer bags & freeze (keeps up to 3 months).
- 11NOTE: Cooking time is resting time.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.7
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 218.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g