Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
An easy fun way to make pizza. This dough has a little more flavor than the usual dough. Try it with my red and white pizza sauce, Easy Red and White Pizza Sauce With a Kick. Prep time varies depending on the bread machine's dough cycle.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (vegetable oil works too)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons regular active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread machine in the order listed.
- Select dough cycle on machine and press start.
- When dough is finished remove with floured hands and shape into size and thickness of desired pizza and place on greased cookie sheet or pizza tray.
- Top with favorite sauces and ingredients.
- (Baking time is generally 18-20 minutes at 400°F).
I tried this first and last. I love this recipe! I make it constantly now- no more store-bought crusts!!! Its delicious. It makes my house smell WONDERFUL. I do one cup plus one tablespoon of water, and garlic powder instead of minced so it's all basic pantry stuff. I love this sundried tomato pesto on it....this is a new staple in my weekly cooking! I've also been asked for the recipe by a few friends!
This is a really great dough recipe! I decided to give it a go last night, and it was wonderful. Thanks for posting. : )
My husband says we will never order pizza again after I used this dough. (Great for our family budget) My family likes thin crust pizza and this rolls out well and makes a nice crisp crust.