Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Made with phyllo sheets as the crust and topped with onions, kalamata olives, fresh thyme and fontina cheese. Points Value: 3
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (3/4 lb) sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed (12 x 17-inch)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Fontina cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Spray baking sheet with olive oil nonstick spray.
- To make topping, heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, water and salt, bring to boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally, until onion is very soft, about 20 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; stir in olives, thyme and pepper; let cool slightly.
- To make crust, place 1 phyllo sheet, keeping remaining phyllo covered with damp towel and plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out, on dry cutting board; lightly spray with olive oil nonstick spray. Repeat with remaining phyllo to make 2 layers. Cut into 4 rectangles. Place rectangles on top of each other to form a stack. Roll edges of phyllo to make small rimmed edge; transfer crust to baking sheet.
- Spread topping evenly over crust. Bake until edges of crust are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle top evenly with fontina and bake until it melts, about 5 minutes.