Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
American Pie, Peter Reinhart. Primary use—on focaccia; but also good drizzled over pizza.
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt or 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika (optional) or 1 teaspoon hot paprika (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients together; let sit at room temperature for 2 hours before using.
- Store oil in a tightly capped container; will keep for several months in the refrigerator.