Recipe by katie in the UP
I got this recipe from the Oprah site. It was created by Art Smith.
Top Review by currybunny
This was a nice and easy to make dinner - we particularly liked the potatoes tossed with garlic and shallots. The mustard-herb coating was a little overpowering on the chicken, I felt it needed to be softened a little with some mayo or something else. However this may have been due to the wholegrain mustard we used! Thanks for posting your very easy recipe!
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into 6 wedges each
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry (7 - 8 oz each)
- 1⁄3 cup grainy mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
- tarragon or chives or thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Posistion a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees. toss the potatoes with 2 tbls of the olive oil in a large bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread in a large roasting pan. Roast, turning occasionally, until they are just brown and almost tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. reduce the oven temp to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbls of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until lightly browned about 7 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the chopped shallots and garlic. cook stirring occasionally, until the shallots are softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir into the potatoes.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbls of olive oil in a large skillet over med high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and cook turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 8 minute.
- Arrange the browned chicken breasts on top of the potatoes and mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Spread the mixture evenly over the chicken breasts. Bake until the breasts show no sign of pink with pierced in the center, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spoon the potatoes and mushrooms onto dinner plates and top with the chicken breasts.