Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Mushroom with fresh sage and thyme. Enjoy over slices of crisp french bread,top a steak or toss into a bowl of spinach to slighly wilt and enjoy as a salad or toss into pasta adding some extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons butter (and or olive oil)
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, quatared
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 -2 fresh sage leaf
- In a large pan melt butter and or oil till hot. Add the onions and mushrooms and stir fry 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and remaining ingredients stirring for an other 1-2 minutes.
This was so good! I used presliced mushrooms and served them on toasted buns for a delicious lunch. Thanks for posting.
Yum! Simple and tasty. Loved the chili pepper in these. Thanks Rita for yet another keeper. Made for ZWT5 2009 Family Picks.
We are mushrooms lovers. I used cremini mushrooms and lucky me I just bought my fresh herbs; really loved that taste from the pepper flakes. I made this for WT5 and it is a keeper. Thanks for posting...you have good taste! Rita