Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
from Simple & Delicious magazine
- 5 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine ingredients and store in an airtight container for up to 1 year.
- To prepare rice:
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups water and 3 tablespoons herb mix to a boil. Stir in 1 cup uncooked long grain rice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
I can't believe I forgot to rate this. This rice is wonderful. I love that I don't have to buy the packaged stuff anymore. This rice goes with anything. Great recipe, thanks for posting!
The best herb mix for rice ever! I''ve used this for a long time, although I use a bit more of the mix. Sometimes I add sauteed onions and celery and use it to stuff chicken before baking.