Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This wonderful fish recipe is a must if you are a fish lover! We serve it with small fingerling potatoes or the small red skinned potatoes, steamed whole fresh green beans, and steamed fresh whole small carrots. For dessert if I have guests I always make a great Creme Brulee; sometimes if I'm in a rush I will buy Oetker's package, but mostly I make Creme Brulee #54681 by Mooseybear, and I always use the whole vanilla bean instead of liquid vanilla!
- 4 -6 ounces tilapia fillets, fresh
- 2 tablespoons coriander, washed, chopped
- 4 green onions, green and white chopped
- 5 tablespoons parsley, washed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup grapeseed oil
- 8 lemon wedges, well washed before cutting
- Place Tilapia fillets on a plate lined with paper towels to dry off any excess moisture.
- Combine chopped coriander leaves, green onions, parsley, garlic cloves, lemon juice, egg and black pepper in a blender. Puree the herbs until smaooth.
- Pour herb paste into a dish. Add Tilapia and turn fillets coating them completely.
- Transfer marinated fish into a bag and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Using a large plate, mix whole wheat flour, salt and pepper.
- Preheat an electric skillet to 450°F Add half the required grape seed oil.
- Working with one fillet at a time, and keeping as much of the herb paste on the fish as possible, dredge both sides of the fillet in flour.
- Gently shake off excess flour and pace into the hot skillet.
- Repeat with remaining fillets, placing 4 pieces at a time.
- Cook Tilapia 2-3 minutes on each side, or until just lightly browned.
- Turn the fillets over very gently.
- Remove and keep warm while repeating the process with the remaining fillets.
- Serve Tilapia garnished with lemon wedges.