Recipe by Outta Here
Ostrich has been eaten in Australia for years, but is starting to become more readily available in the U.S.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Fabulous marinade! Ostrich is getting popular in Germany, too, so I could make and enjoy this recipe. I was a bit concerned that it might be too tart for our taste, but the amount of balsamic vinegar goes perfect with the flavour of the meat and the herbs. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!
Made for ZWT 8 / AUS/NZ for the Lively Lemon Lovelies
- 453.59 g ostrich steak (approximately 1-1/2 inches thick)
- 78.07 ml balsamic vinegar
- 28.39 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 7.39 ml fresh rosemary, chopped
- 7.39 ml fresh thyme leave
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients in plastic bag; add meat, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator one hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place meat on rack in broiler pan so that surface of meat is three to four inches from heat. Broil 12 to 16 minutes per side for medium-rare to medium doneness.
- Carve into slices and serve.