Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa, in her book Back to Basics , makes this herb marinated pork. Now she has another recipe that is bone in but this one is quicker. Can you go wrong with tenderloins? Marinade and put on the grill for you, for company, for both. (Please note: rep and cooking time does not include the marinading over night or at least 3 hours) Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (4-6 lemons)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (plus more to brush the grill)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- kosher salt
- 3 pork tenderloin (approx 1 lb each)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, mustard, and 2 tsp salt in a 1 gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the pork tenderloins and turn to coat with the marinade. Squeeze the air out of the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight, or at least 3 hours. (an idea is to put the bag in a bowl, just in case).
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat the grill. Be sure to brush the grill with some oil to prevent the pork from sticking. Remove the tenderloins from the marinade and discard the marinade but leave herbs clinging to meat.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, then grill, turning a few times to brown on all sides, for15-25 minutes–until the meat registers about 137 degrees at the thickest part.
- Transfer the tenderloins to a platter and cover tightly with aluminum foil. LET REST FOR AT LEAST 10 MINUTES. Carve in 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices. The thickest part will be pink; this is just fine. The thinnest parts will be well done(allows something for every taste). Season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm or at room temperature with the juices that collect on the platter.
Wonderful! Most flavorful pork tenderloin we've made! I've made twice now, and both times it was full of flavor. One time I marinated it for 7 hrs, the other overnight. My family of 5 loves it.