Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Great in summertime on the grill.
- 2 salmon steaks (can use other fish such as swordfish or halibut) or 2 salmon fillets (can use other fish such as swordfish or halibut)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- Crush rosemary and pepper flakes in mortar and pedestal.
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients. Pour over fish and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Cook on the grill about 5 minutes on each side until done. Fish will flake easily with a fork when done.
- Or, broil 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes, turn for 3-7 more minutes or until done.
- Discard any remaining marinade.