Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Try this delicious, fresh tasting appetizer and enjoy with friends and a nice glass of wine...Make at least one day in advance of serving.
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 1⁄4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces brine-cured black olives, pitted and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 ounces feta cheese, diced
- 1 French baguette, sliced
- Combine cumin, coriander, and red pepper in a small skillet over medium heat. Warm gently until spices are fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to bowl and stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least one day, up to one week. Bring to room temperature before serving on baguette slices.
Loved all the different flavours working on the creamy/salty feta.
I so enjoyed this! Again it was hard waiting for it to marinade,but so worth it! Made for ZWT6.
Great flavors! I halved the recipe and enjoyed the tastes! Thanks! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag.