Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Parsley leaves embedded (and visible!) between 2 thin slices of potato and fried. The presentation on this is STUNNINGLY impressive. Great for company.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise paper-thin (easiest with a mandolin) and place on cookie sheet.
- Place a parsley leaf in the center of a slice.
- Lay another slice of potato on top and press slices together to seal edges. Edges should be free of any parsley. Slices should be thin enough that the parsley leaf shows through.
- Fry potatoes in oil to cover (300*) until crisp in the center.
- Drain on plate or tray lined with paper towels.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Store at room temperature in sealed container.
- Makes about 18 pieces.