Recipe by Snow Pea
This is a wonderful combination of fresh herbs and cucumber slices "marinated" in water, and makes a beautiful presentation in a clear glass pitcher or wine carafe. It's a perfect way to dress up water for a holiday table or a bridal shower. I am fortunate enough to have great tasting tap water, and sometimes will just use that. I have also found that the herb/lemon mixture will last through a couple of water changes before the lemons start to get soggy. I found this recipe in Sunset magazine several years ago.
- 6 cups chilled still water or 6 cups mineral water
- 12 slices unpeeled cucumbers (thin slices)
- 4 slices lemons (thin slices)
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint, 2 inches long,slightly crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, 2 inches long,slightly crushed