Prep 0 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a wonderful combination of fresh herbs and cucumber slices "marinated" in water, and makes a beautiful presentation in a clear glass pitcher or wine carafe. It's a perfect way to dress up water for a holiday table or a bridal shower. I am fortunate enough to have great tasting tap water, and sometimes will just use that. I have also found that the herb/lemon mixture will last through a couple of water changes before the lemons start to get soggy. I found this recipe in Sunset magazine several years ago.
- 6 cups chilled still water or 6 cups mineral water
- 12 slices unpeeled cucumbers (thin slices)
- 4 slices lemons (thin slices)
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint, 2 inches long,slightly crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, 2 inches long,slightly crushed
- Combine all ingredients in a 2 to 2 1/2 quart pitcher, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, but preferably 6 to 8 hours.
- Ice cubes may be added just before serving.
I absolutely love this way of dressing up plain water, and adding an extra elegance to the dinner table! The flavor is wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
I am finally getting around to rating this. Delicious! Very, very refreshing and a perfect way to dress up water. Thanks for sharing it!