1/1 Photo of Herb Infused Polenta With Mushroom Ragout
Comforting and delicious on a cold day or evening, this polenta dish is made with soft polenta as opposed to the fried or set type. I first found this on woolfit's blog. For US measurements just hit the change button.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 liter milk
- 1/2 onion
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 110 g polenta
- 60 g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 1Place the milk, onion, herbs and garlic in a saucepan and slowly bring almost to the boil. Place the polenta in a large, heavy based saucepan, strain the infused milk onto the polenta, and whisk until blended.
- 2Stir constantly over moderate heat until the mixture returns to the boil. Reduce heat to very low (use a simmer mat if you have one) and cook, stirring frequently, for 20-30 minutes or until polenta is cooked and thickened.
- 3Fold in parmesan and butter and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately with the ragout.
- 5Heat the oil or butter in a large frypan or wok, and add the mushrooms (and rosemary, if using).
- 6Stir until begining to brown, then add the remaining herbs. Continue to fry until mushrooms are wilting and browned, then season with salt and pepper and serve with the polenta. If you have verjuice, you can use it to deglaze the pan and then drizzle the juices over before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Infused Polenta With Mushroom Ragout
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.5
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 387.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: