Recipe by Cabnolen
Last night I had to cook, and not knowing what to make, I suddenly thought of a salad dish, but after having made it I realised there's no mayo, and I went eek!! So I came here, looked up some dressings without mayo, and ended up drawing what I liked from the recipes here and made my own, and my brother actually thought it was amazing! So give it a try :)
Top Review by A Good Thing
Wonderful addition to our salad tonight. Great blend of flavors and very easy to put together!!! Thanks, Cabnolen, and please keep posting those recipes. Made for PAC 2007. (:
- 1⁄8 cup light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black vinegar
- 1 pinch sesame oil (only if desired)
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coriander powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the wet ingredients (Ingredients A) together until blended.
- Add garlic, and use a spoon to crush it until the juice comes out.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients (Ingredients B), mix well.
- Now this is the key to speed and flavour: microwave on high for 10-20 seconds. (depending on your microwave, until warm and the smell of the garlic and herbs come out).
- Continue to dissolve the sugar until when you think it's done, drizzle and serve!
- P.S. What I drizzled on, just as a simple example, was lettuce, cucumber slices and tomato and basil flavoured tuna can (one can).