Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Last night I had to cook, and not knowing what to make, I suddenly thought of a salad dish, but after having made it I realised there's no mayo, and I went eek!! So I came here, looked up some dressings without mayo, and ended up drawing what I liked from the recipes here and made my own, and my brother actually thought it was amazing! So give it a try :)
- 1⁄8 cup light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black vinegar
- 1 pinch sesame oil (only if desired)
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coriander powder (optional)
- Mix the wet ingredients (Ingredients A) together until blended.
- Add garlic, and use a spoon to crush it until the juice comes out.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients (Ingredients B), mix well.
- Now this is the key to speed and flavour: microwave on high for 10-20 seconds. (depending on your microwave, until warm and the smell of the garlic and herbs come out).
- Continue to dissolve the sugar until when you think it's done, drizzle and serve!
- P.S. What I drizzled on, just as a simple example, was lettuce, cucumber slices and tomato and basil flavoured tuna can (one can).
Wonderful addition to our salad tonight. Great blend of flavors and very easy to put together!!! Thanks, Cabnolen, and please keep posting those recipes. Made for PAC 2007. (: