Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
After a quick marinade, these chops are grilled quickly to sear in the juices for a medium-rare presentation. From AustralianLamb.com and EatingWell.com and posted for ZWT5.
- 6 australian lamb rib chops (about 1 1/4 inches thick, trimmed of all fat)
- 1⁄2 cup pompeian burgundy cooking wine or 1⁄2 cup other red wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Place the lamb chops in a shallow dish.
- Pour the wine over the chops and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning once.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine the parsley, rosemary, thyme, garlic, mustard and olive oil and process until smooth. Reserve.
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill - the gas grill should be set to high.
- Remove the chops from the wine and spread each side with the herb mixture.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper and when the gas grill is hot, or when the coals of the charcoal grill are red hot, place the chops on the gas grill or directly above the coals of the charcoal grill and cook for about 2 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Serve at once.
This is a great marinade for lamb. The flavor is excellent. Made for I Recommend Tag.
I cooked up 12 lamb loin chops on an indoor grill (started out as a meal for 4 but turned into 3 - DH got called out to work) but the 3 of us devoured these delectable chops (I think the herbed mustard mix could work with just about any meat on the grill or for that matter, finely chop your herbs and mix in with the rest and could be great on a meat sandwich or just spread on a cooked/grilled piece of meat). i used a merlot wine and they marinated for about 2 hours) I cooked this on a indoor grill on the gas stove and it took about 5 minutes per side to get to our likeness (some well done and others medium rare) - depending on which burner (the grill fits over 2 burners and of different sizes so you have to shuffle things a bit). Thank You Thank You FloridaNative for posting this recipe, made for Potluck Tag - Come Join the Party (Hot off the Grill Party).