Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
AKA Carne Asada in Spanish circles. Serve as is, or cut the meat slices into bite-sized bits and wrap in warm tortillas! Pico de gallo, cilantro, cheddar cheese and salsa go great with this.
- 1360.77 g flank steaks or 1360.77 g skirt steaks
- 44.37 ml minced fresh garlic
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 118.29 ml beer (Mexican preferred)
- 2 limes, juice of
- Rub steak with garlic, oil, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Grill over hot coals, 5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Drizzle the beer over meat during last stages of cooking.
- Remove to platter or cutting board and drizzle with the lime juice.
- Let rest at least 5 minutes.
- Slice (thinly) across, and diagonally to the gain.