Recipe by chef blade
AKA Carne Asada in Spanish circles. Serve as is, or cut the meat slices into bite-sized bits and wrap in warm tortillas! Pico de gallo, cilantro, cheddar cheese and salsa go great with this.
- 3 lbs flank steaks or 3 lbs skirt steaks
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup beer (Mexican preferred)
- 2 limes, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub steak with garlic, oil, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Grill over hot coals, 5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Drizzle the beer over meat during last stages of cooking.
- Remove to platter or cutting board and drizzle with the lime juice.
- Let rest at least 5 minutes.
- Slice (thinly) across, and diagonally to the gain.