Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve this full-flavoured side dish with beef or pork.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch circles
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- to taste salt and pepper
- Mix together oil and herbs in a large bowl.
- Add the eggplant and marinate for 3 minutes.
- Place the slices over hot coals and grill on both sides until just soft.
- Serve immediately.
Wonderful! We used this recipe for our first eggplant from the garden. It was simple and delicious. We used fresh herbs except for paprika.
This was one of our sides for Labor Day. It was so good, we were fighting over who would get the last piece!
This was fabulous and full of flavor. I took it a step further by adding a can of Contadina diced tomatoes that were Burgundy wine and olive oil flavored on top of the eggplant. I topped with grated Asiago Pressato cheese and baked at 350 until the cheese melted. Very yummy!