Savoury stuffed chicken breasts served with a sun-dried tomato-cream sauce that’s out of this world. The breasts may be prepared ahead of time. Adapted from Chicken Farmers of Canada.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
For The Sauce
- 1In a bowl, combine goat cheese, basil, oregano, thyme, lemon rind, salt and pepper; set aside. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 8 hours.)
- 2With sharp knife held horizontally and starting at thinner side, cut each chicken breast in half almost but not all the way through; open like book. Place between sheets of plastic wrap; pound with mallet to even thickness.
- 3Roll 2 tablespoons of the filling into a log shape; place into crease of chicken breast. Fold top and bottom over ends of log; fold side edges of chicken over log to overlap. Turn chicken over so seam is underneath. Repeat with remaining chicken. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.)
- 4Brush chicken with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on greased rimmed baking sheet. Roast in 375 degree oven until chicken is cooked through about 20-30 minutes.
- 5In a bowl, cover tomatoes with boiling water; let stand until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain and dice.
- 6In large skillet, melt half of the butter over medium heat; fry onions until very soft and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
- 7Increase heat to medium-high. Add remaining butter; saute mushrooms and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes. Return onions to pan. Add sherry; cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes.
- 8Add stock and cream; bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce is thick enough to coat back of spoon, about 4 minutes.
- 9Slice each chicken breast on angle into 4 pieces. Spoon sauce onto plates; arrange chicken over sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 869.1
- Calories from Fat 525
- Total Fat 58.3 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Cholesterol 292.6 mg
- Sodium 757.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 68.7 g