1/2 Photos of Herb Gnocchi W/ Mushroom Cream Sauce
3 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 40 mins
This is a recipe from Danny Boone but i've tweeked it just a bit. Its very easy to make, but very time consuming. The dish is VERY filling so do not be discouraged by the portions, its extremy filling. I made it once for my mom on mother's day and a week later for my brother one what is now known as 'brother's day'... hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large potatoes (i used idaho) or 4 small potatoes (i used idaho)
- 1 cup flour, plus more flour, if needed, plus more
- flour, for dusting
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ice water, 1 large pot with
- 1Place whole unpeeled potatoes into a medium saucepan with cold water on medium heat.
- 2Bring the potatoes to a boil and cook for 20 to 25 minutes until soft enough to mash.
- 3Check with a knife to see if potatoes are cooked through and tender (they'll still be a lil hard, you don't want them cooked all the way through).
- 4Once ready drain the potatoes.
- 5When cool enough to handle peel each potato and mash.
- 6Add the 1/2 the flour, 1/2 the Parmesan, both egg yolks, all the nutmeg, thyme, salt and pepper
- 7Mix into a doughy consistency adding more flour as needed.
- 8Transfer dough to a well floured surface.
- 9Roll pieces of the dough into a rope about 1/2-inch in diameter.
- 10With a knife cut the rope into 1/2 to 3/4-inch-long pieces.
- 11Flour the pieces as you cut them placing them on a floured baking sheet tray or lined with wax paper.
- 12Place the gnocchi in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap for 1 hour.
- 13When ready to cook place gnocchi in boiling salted water for about 1 to 2 minutes (They will rise to the top when done).
- 14Using a slotted spoon remove gnocchi from pot and place into ice water bath to stop cooking.
- 15For the sauce
- 16In a skillet add the butter and mushrooms and saute until nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 17Add the white wine and reduce by half, about 5 minutes.
- 18Add the cream and gently simmer for another 2 to 5 minutes.
- 19Once the sauce has simmered, add the gnocchi (drain out the cold water)and cook for 2 minutes.
- 20Garnish with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan (Parmesan will give you saltiness).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Gnocchi W/ Mushroom Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.7
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 180.0 mg
- Sodium 997.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 19.7 g