1/2 Photos of Herb & Garlic Marinated Feta
Delicious Bits's Note:
Really nice on crackers or spread on Bruschetta! Updated 27/09/2006: As pointed out by NeonPrincess, light/lite olive oil is better to use. This is what I normally use and failed to document it. Thanks!!! :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix into a jar with a good seal (eg. approx 200g glass coffee jar) 1/2 cup of oil and all other ingredients, except Feta Cheese.
- 2Cut Feta into approximately 2cm cubes. Add cubes to jar, a few at a time and then swirl oil to coat cheese.
- 3When as much cheese is in jar that will fit, cap jar and invert a few times to coat cheese thoroughly, then top up with more oil til all cheese is coated. Invert jar a few more times and refrigerate.
- 4The Olive Oil will solidify when refrigerated. Use in salads or serve at room temperature with crusty bread. Reserve marinated oil to use in dressings.
- 5Marinate for at least 24 hours, will keep in refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb & Garlic Marinated Feta
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.3
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 55.6 mg
- Sodium 712.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: