Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a really simple recipe but it is soooooo gooooood. All of us kids ask for it for our birthday dinners. It rich and fattening but if you don't mind that once and a while, then try this recipe!!!!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese with garlic and herbs (I use low fat)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (or chicken pieces)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Coat chicken pieces in flour.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt unsalted butter in frying pan and fry chicken in pan until golden brown and cooked throughout.
- Set aside in baking dish.
- Combine heavy cream and cream cheese in saucepan.
- Melt cream cheese over medium-low heat, stirring contantly, until thickened.
- Pour over chicken.
Thanks for sharing Elle-tee! It was yummy. I made it for lunch for my daughter (who is a picky eater and is underweight!). It was a hit. I like it because it was "rich and fattening" since she really needs to put on weight. I made my own cream cheese with garlic using recipe#111489 and used chicken thighs.
I saw this recipe and thought using cream cheese was such a good idea! I tried it but had to use Garden Veggie cream cheese and it was still really good. We even used it as a gravy for the mashed potatos.