Recipe by Bev
This is a nice garlic loaf to serve with pasta or your next grilled steak.
Top Review by Chuck in Killbuck
Wow! This recipe can be addictive. I used the thyme in mine and it tasted fabulous. I have another recipe like this I use alot but I think I'll be rotating back and forth now. I really love this. Thanks for posting this one. I just put this on in my Fav binder.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chervil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon tarragon
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf French bread or 1 loaf Italian bread (or 2 smaller loaves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, herbs, salt,a nd pepper well.
- Slice the bread 1" thick but do not cut all the way through the bottom of the loaf.
- Spread approximately 1 to 2 tsp of the garlic butter in between each cut.
- Wrap the bread in aluminum foil and bake about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.