1/2 Photos of Herb Garlic Baguettes
Another recipe from the Instructions and Recipes booklet which came with my KitchenAid mixer. It's actually very similar to my Herb Batter Bread, but with the addition of the garlic and that the loaves are baguettes. Prep time includes mincing the garlic cloves in a mini-chopper, but does NOT include rising times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 3 1/4 cups flour, basil, oregano, thyme, garlic and salt in bowl.
- 2Mix using dough hook (s) until well blended, scraping bowl if necessary.
- 3Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
- 4Continue mixing on slow speed and slowly add yeast mixture and cold water.
- 5If dough is sticky you may add up to 1/4 cup extra flour, a little bit at a time.
- 6If dough is too dry you may add a little extra water.
- 7Continue mixing until dough is smooth and elastic, about 3 minutes.
- 8Cover and let rise in a warm place (70° to 80°F) until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 9When doubled, turn out on a lightly floured surface and punch down several times to remove air bubbles.
- 10Divide dough in half.
- 11Shape each half into a 12 inch long loaf.
- 12Place loaves on a greased baking sheet.
- 13With sharp knife make 3 or 4 shallow diagonal slices on top of loaf.
- 14Combine egg and 1 TSP water, whisking until well blended.
- 15Brush top of each baguetter with egg mixture.
- 16Cover with greased plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 17Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 18Remove plastic wrap and brush top of each baguette with egg mixture again.
- 19Bake at 450°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until loaves are deep golden brown.
- 20Remove and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Garlic Baguettes
Serving Size: 1 (728 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 809.6
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 1210.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 161.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 26.8 g