Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This calls for a lot of ingredients but it is so worth it.
Top Review by So Cal Gal
Wow--this is really good!! The vegetables add a lot of great flavor and texture, and the seasonings are perfect! It does take a bit of time to prepare, but it also makes a lot (and the leftovers are just as delicious!). I made the recipe as written, except that I scaled the servings down to 3, replaced the ground beef with ground turkey, and used whole wheat elbow macaroni (all of that worked fine). This recipe makes a wonderful meal for a cool winter's evening--I look forward to enjoying it again! Thanks so much for posting it, ratherbeswimmin'!! (Tagged, made, and reviewed for Bargain Basement Game.)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is browned; drain.
- Add the next 12 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add macaroni; cover and simmer 10 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.